The world is filled with so many amazing places. It is impossible to fit in a trip to all of them, unless you have money to burn, of course. However, one place you should definitely visit in your lifetime is California. Read on to discover some of the most compelling reasons to take a trip there…
- Haunted locations – Purposely being frightened isn’t something that appeals to everyone. Nonetheless, some people love nothing more than visiting haunted locations, and there are plenty in California. This includes the likes of Winchester House, Linda Vista Hospital, the RMS Queen Mary and Alcatraz.
- Nature – There are so many opportunities to be at one with nature. There are some amazing hiking spots. After all, Yosemite National Park takes up 1,200 square miles. This isn’t the only hiking option either, as there is also the likes of Redwood National and State Parks, and Sequoia National Park.
- Accommodation options – One of the great things about California is that you can cater your trip to suit you. There are so many accommodation options to choose from, from hotels in Long Beach, such as Hotel Royal, to luxurious villas on the seafront. You can plan your trip to suit the number of people travelling, your wants, and your budget.
- Sightseeing – There are many incredible sights to see in California. To name a few, this includes: the Walk of Fame, Fisherman’s Wharf, 17 Mile Drive, the Chinese Theater, the Hollywood Sign, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Beaches – This post would not be complete without mentioning the amazing beaches in California. California is home to more than 1,000 miles of beach. Venice Beach is one of the most famous and popular. The coastline is gorgeous and it even has its own skate park.
- Celebrities – The celebrity culture in California is something that may appeal to you. The Walk of Fame is pretty cool, and you are bound to have fun looking for your favourite celeb and snapping a photograph next to their star. A lot of celebrities live in the area, so you may be able to do a bit of celeb spotting. If you are a Kardashian fan, they have a number of favourite Cali hangouts you may want to attend.
- Theme parks – There are so many fun-filled theme parks in California. Of course, you’ve got Disneyland and Universal Hollywood, but that’s not all. Other popular options include Six Flags and Knott’s Berry Farm.
- The weather – Last but not least, who doesn’t love the glorious, sunny weather in California? You can pretty much wear shorts all year round. If you are looking for a sunny vacation, there is nowhere better.
As you can see, there is a lot to love about California. From the incredible beaches to the amazing theme parks, there is something for everyone. Whether you are looking to relax or you want to have some action-packed fun, California is the place to be.